Production begins this week on the industry’s best-selling heavy-duty truck, the Ford F-Series Super Duty, now with upgraded towing capacity.
Ford F-350 and F-450 Super Duty trucks with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke® V-8 diesel engine and dual rear wheels now can tow an industry-best 17,500 pounds. That’s 1,000 pounds more than the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 4×2 and 500 pounds more than the Silverado and Sierra 4×4.
These improvements arrive at a time when Super Duty’s customer satisfaction score – 83 percent – is the best in the industry for heavy-duty trucks; and when Super Duty’s market share is the highest in a decade. The truck dominates the heavy-duty pickup segment with nearly 50 percent of total heavy-duty sales.
“Super Duty stays on top because of our ongoing engineering work and analysis of extensive field data,” said Rob Stevens, chief engineer of the 2011 Ford F-Series Super Duty. “We keep pushing to deliver the best-in-class attributes our customers demand.”
Ford F-Series is the best-selling and most-awarded pickup truck (for 34 years straight) and best-selling vehicle (for 29 years straight) in America. Here are some of the recent awards for Ford F-Series trucks:
2011 Ford F-Series Awards
• PickupTrucks.com and USA Today: 2010 V-6 Shootout: Best Overall V-6 Work Truck (2011 F-150)
• Consumer Digest Best Buy (2011 F-150 and 2011 Super Duty)
• The SEMA Award™ for Hottest Truck (2011 F-150)
• R.L. Polk Pickup Truck Loyalty (2011 F-150)
• Cars.com Work Truck of the Year (2011 F-150)
• Farmer Industry News Best Pickup (2011 Super Duty)
• Farmer Industry News Most Innovative Agricultural Product (2011 Super Duty)
• Popular Mechanics Auto Excellence Award: Best Workhorse (2011 Super Duty)
• Ward’s Best Engine: 6.7-liter Power Stroke® diesel (2011 Super Duty)
• PickupTrucks.com Best Engine: 6.2-liter gas (2011 Super Duty)
• ALG Residual Value (2011 Super Duty)
• Kelley Blue Book Residual Value (2011 Super Duty)
• Truck Line of Texas (2011 Super Duty)
• Strategic Vision Total Value Index™ leader (F-150 and Super Duty)
Check out the F-Series Trucks at Beach Ford in Virginia Beach or Beach Ford Lincoln in Suffolk.